So I`m in Florianopolis and I`ve had it with being blankita. Even reducing to 15 sunblock doesn`t help. So I goes out there on that beautiful beach with no protection and get burnt again!! I`ve been really slow and lazy here, but no one else is in a rush either, not even in the big towns. No one walks up or down the metro escalator - NO ONE! why would you when there`s a machine that does it for you.
And did I mention how friendly people are here. I learnt the rudimentary and I speak my broken spanish to get by, and they generally get the gist with no arrogant expectation that I should talk Portuguese or otherwise be ignored. After you ask for directions they then say bon viage, when I don´t understand they slow down or apologize for not speaking spanish, everyone who arrives to the bus stop greets each other and strangers warn me of places not to go.
The ride to florianopolis was at night, so the view from my buswindow was a huge endless cloudy night sky which glittered constantly with lightning for hours. Today I arrived in Buenos Aires after a long 27 hour bus ride with boarder check at 3am and the most stinky loo you could imagine (and that was only hours after takeoff. By night time i was almost dry-reaching and i had a good seat up the front!). But on a more interesting note, the landscape till the south of brazil was lush and tropical-looking, full of furn trees of different kinds. The road was a main highway but then in the middle of nowhere they`d be a huge factory or warehouse, or 20 to 30 shacks made with plastic or corrigated iron, and similar under bridges, always with loads of rubbish lieing around. Just before i got in to the bus terminal, i passed a girls´ school i think, suprisingly with only peruvian-looking girls. A few feet down on the dirt footpath was another shack/home where the occupiers seemed to be entertaining a couple of friends over a cup of coffee. You need to maintain your humanity if not control of the universe.
Tomorrow I´m job-hunting, and today - dunno.
Oh and tahnks for the comments everyone ...but will everybody stop being ANONYMUS!
xxx
martes, abril 04, 2006
Suscribirse a:
Comentarios de la entrada (Atom)

No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario